Janus Portal Hosting Terms of Service
The following TERMS OF SERVICE apply to all Janus Portal Hosting clients. These terms are subject to change without notice and should be read prior to each order you place with us. Your payment constitutes acceptance of these terms.
If you have any questions and/or comments about our TERMS OF SERVICE please contact us directly. Thank you.
Janus Portal Hosting reserves the right to refuse, suspend or terminate services at our discretion.
Payment & Other Information
- We do not offer domain registration. However, we can assist you in directing your domains to our servers for a nominal $10 fee. Janus Portal is not responsible for your domain renewal or any subsequent domain expiration.
- All payment-due notices will be sent by electronic mail. No bills or invoices will be sent by postal mail or fax. Accounts are set up upon the receipt of payment. PayPal is the preferred method of payment. You have 4 different payment schedules with Janus Portal Hosting. You can choose to pay every 3, 12, 24 or 36 months. You may also sign up for PayPal recurring payment and have your payment automatically sent at the time interval of your choice. If you do not sign up for automatic payment you will receive an PayPal invoice for payment at the payment schedule you choose.
All hosting invoices (excluding PayPal recurring payments) will be sent on the first of the month. Your payment is due within that month or a 20% late fee will be incurred. If payment has not been made within 6 weeks your account will be suspended until payment is received. 2 months without payment will result in account termination.
- Shell (SSH) Access is not enabled by default, but may be enabled if you have a valid reason for needing it. You will also incur an extra $20 fee for set-up. Janus Portal Hosting reserves the right to not enable it or disable it at anytime. Misuse (Spamming etc.) of this service may lead to a fine and/or legal action.
- Billing will continue until you cancel your hosting account. You may cancel at anytime.
- Canceled accounts will be terminated within 48 hours of finalizing the cancellation.
- Refunds requested by customers will be issued only if the refund is requested before the (next) billing period starts. Accounts purchased will receive refunds for the months not used. If a customer requests a refund after the billing cycle has already begun, refunds for that month will not be valid.
- If an account was purchased under a discount (i.e. 30% off for 36 months) and terminated early, the refund applied will be calculated with the discount based on actual months used. For example, if a 36-month account was purchased but canceled after 12-months, the discount would lower from 30% to 10% and the refund applied will reflect this.
Money Back Guarantee
- Each hosting plan includes a full 30-day money back guarantee.
If you are not completely satisfied with our services within the refund time period specified for your plan, you will be given a full refund of the contract amount excluding overages. No refund is available after that period. This policy does not apply to any additional services such as overages, disk space, maintenance fees, etc.
Accounts canceled/terminated by Janus Portal Hosting for violating our Acceptable Usage Policy do not qualify for the 30-day money back guarantee. Only first-time accounts are eligible for a refund. For example, if you’ve had an account with us before, canceled and signed up again, you will not be eligible for a refund. This is to protect our refund guarantee from being abused. To receive a full refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Server Updates & Maintenance
- While it is not frequent, the server may experience some downtime due to scheduled maintenance and upgrades. This is typically done between the hours of 6am and 8am Eastern Time. If you site is down during this time, please be patient and the server should be back up soon.
Software Upgrade Services
- Janus Portal Hosting offers free security upgrades of WordPress & phpBB installations. We do not provide technical support for these software programs. We will be happy, however, to provide you with advice, useful links to the software’s knowledge base, support forums or other online documentation that may be helpful in getting you started using this software.
We do not provide WordPress/phpBB plugin upgrades. However, we provide an installation/upgrade service if desired (see Maintenance).
If you sign up for accounts including “Mailing List Installation and Software Upgrades”, you receive free upgrades and technical support for phpList, our chosen mailing list client. However, we do not provide installation or upgrade services for any 3rd-parties plugins for phpList.
- Janus Portal Hosting regularly makes backup copies of information stored on its servers for disaster recovery purposes. Nevertheless, availability of backups is not guaranteed and we will not be responsible for loss of customer data. Customers are advised to make regular backups of the information they store on our servers. Our Control Panel provides tools that facilitate data backup and restoration.
Account-Holder Identification Information
- You agree that you as the person legally responsible for all use of this account, are at least 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, you need to have parental consent in order to sign up, and the account must be ordered by a parent or guardian, in their own name. You agree to supply Janus Portal Hosting with a current and truthful name, postal address and telephone number for our records, and you have a continued obligation to keep this information current.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Janus Portal Hosting from any and all liability, penalties, losses, damages, costs, expenses, attorneys’ fees, causes of action or claims caused by or resulting indirectly from your use of the service which damages either you, Janus Portal Hosting, or any other party or parties without limitation or exception. This indemnification and hold harmless agreement extends to all issues associated with your account, including but not limited to domain name selection and Web site content.
- Janus Portal Hosting makes no warranties or representations of any kind for the services being offered. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No advice or information given by Janus Portal Hosting shall create a warranty. Janus Portal Hosting provides no warranty that the service will be uninterrupted or error free or that any information, software or other material accessible on the service is free from viruses or other harmful components. Under no circumstances shall Janus Portal Hosting be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages that result in any way from your use of or inability to use the service, or for third parties’ use of the service to access your Web space, or to access the Internet or any part thereof, or your or any third parties’ reliance on or use of information, services, or merchandise provided on or through the service, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, errors, defects, delays in operation or transmission, or any failure of performance. If you are dissatisfied with Janus Portal Hosting service or any of its terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the service.
You understand that by placing information on Janus Portal Hosting’s servers that such information becomes available to all Internet users and that Janus Portal Hosting has no way of limiting or restricting access to such information or protecting such information from copyright infringement. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of Janus Portal Hosting’s servers and the Internet. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services and other information, and the quality and merchantability of all merchandise provided through Janus Portal Hosting or on the Internet.
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. Janus Portal Hosting is not responsible for files and data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and data transferred and to maintain backup files of data stored on Janus Portal Hosting servers.
You agree not to interfere with the operation of the system. You further agree not to interfere with the proper operation of other systems reachable through the Internet, including any attempt at unauthorized access. You agree to adhere to system policies as published by Janus Portal Hosting, including restrictions on services available with each service type, restrictions on certain features, and all other policies. You agree to abide by any and all future Janus Portal Hosting policy decisions.
Janus Portal Hosting does not allow any of the following on their hosting accounts. Any of these things may result in account suspension until the offending material is removed. If not removed within an acceptable time frame, your account may be terminated. The severity of the offending material is left entirely to Janus Portal Hosting’s discretion.
- Copyrighted or Illegal Material including graphics, audio, video, music files, or any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation.
- Racism or prejudice due to color, creed, or belief; any violent/malicious/obscene content written, visual or implied. We will not tolerate any type of hate site including terrorist related websites.
- Any material we feel to be abusive, obscene, or otherwise questionable.
- We do not tolerate sending of unsolicited email, known as spam, to anyone for any reason.
To report abuse or violations of these policies, please use the appropriate contact form found in our support section.
Terms of Service updated and effective immediately on 11/03/07.